Re: RE:HYB: plicata genetics part#1 (SDB)

Oops, I missed one.  See below.  The distinction is important because
chromosomes are (functionally) groups of genes which are inherited as a
unit.  Genes are the hereditary factors located on the chromosomes, which
occur in alternative forms called alleles.

Thus all patterns seen in SDB would always be "? ? pla pla".
>>Thus they act as diploids as the only genetic variation is on the two sets of
>>12 CHROMOSOMES from the TB. Understanding this then made it clear that
>>SDB luminatas
>>are "plu plu pla pla".

Bill Shear
Department of Biology
Hampden-Sydney College
Hampden-Sydney VA 23943
(804)223-6172
FAX (804)223-6374
email<wshear@email.hsc.edu>
Moderating e-lists:
Coleus at http://www.egroups.com/community/coleus
Opiliones at http://www.egroups.com/community/opiliones
Myriapod at http://www.egroups.com/community/myriapod

QUOTE OF THE DAY

"Although we may never know with complete certainty the
identity of the winner of this year's presidential election,
the identity of the loser is perfectly clear. It is the
nation's confidence in the judge as an impartial guardian of
the rule of law."

- JOHN PAUL STEVENS, Supreme Court justice.

eGroups eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9698/0/_/486170/_/976803159/