Re: OT Bio: Paul Black

Welcome Paul & Tom!

So glad to have such great authorities on the list!

For those of you who might not be in the "know", Paul is one of the best all around iris experts there is.  He has and can identify just about anything "iris" wise or at least get most everything to a: "it's either this or this", but it's definitely "not that"...  As in BRASSY BROAD which (although I never planted) that's what ended up growing there and going on to win a best TB & 2nd runner up to a queen somewhere.  It's all thanks to Paul for properly identifying it when I drug it into the show hall.

Oregon might be nice, but it's a far cry from Paul & Tom being 15 blocks north & 6 blocks west of my house in OKC.  Gone are the days of me popping off a flower and dragging it over, hunting down Paul in the 2 1/2 acres of garden & having him pinpoint what's been misnamed now from the last sale I got the "bargain" at.  Of course, being able to tour that awesome garden of theirs anytime at my each & every whim was a treasure I never fully appreciated.  I was in "heaven" right here in Oklahoma and didn't even know it.

Again welcome & I know many hundreds will appreciate your wisdom here.

Kath in OKC =^..^= alias Kathy L. Poore  AIS Region 22 USDA Zone 7  Oklahoma City, OK where it's 18 degrees & we're under 6" of snow pellets (kinda like rabbit pellets only they are ICE) that came down as sleet for about 16 hours and piled up like snow...