On 15 Dec 00, at 13:35, PAUL BLACK wrote:

> Walter, one of our customers in Lousiana just phoned and said he had cut 4
> stalks of your Scorpio Star to bring inside before the hard freeze there.
> He said the branching and buds were incredible.  He is in Shreveport and
> is very determined to grow bearded iris there.  He has had a goodly number
> of successes.  Scorpio Star has been outstanding here in Oregon the last
> two years, both spring and fall.  Fall bloom is the best.  It is
> exceptional in all respects.  Even if crossing reb X reb doesn't give a
> reliable segregation of rebloomers, do keep working, you have provided
> some wonderful varieties for others to exploit as well as for all of us to
> enjoy in the garden.
	Paul, thanks for your kind remarks.

	SCORPIO STAR almost wasn't!  I had tossed all of the stock the year
after I had sent guest plants to the '94 Portland Convention.  I
thought it just wasn't good enough, but when I went to Portland and
saw it in bloom and got reports on its good rebloom there, I had to
ask for some of the stock back.  I was amazed at how it had increased
and how much stock was returned.  I just wish it would get in rebloom
gear earlier.

     Walter Moores
     Enid Lake, MS USA 7/8