Re: CULT: a plea

Did you get any of this snow that Missouri got?

Jim Clark in Edwards, Mo. Zone 5
-----Original Message-----
From: Wendy Dunafon <lilylvr@kansas.net>
To: iris-talk@egroups.com <iris-talk@egroups.com>
Date: Friday, December 15, 2000 7:31 PM
Subject: Re: [iris-talk] CULT: a plea

F. almost every year and occasionally colder. We had 1" for 9 months this
year and 3" the year before. Then in 1993 We had rain measured in feet.
Everything around was flooded except people and towns on the tops of hills.
I helped people evacuate their homes with a stock trailer. The wind usually
blows and once a year or more it reaches 100 miles an hour. We had a Mile
wide tornado in Keats, 30 miles from here, just about 5 years ago I think
that was when. That is the largest I know of. 50 degree drops in temperature
happen alot in a 24 hour period. At least 3 times in the winter. I have clay
soil,Banks of clay with no soil, and combinations therof. Clay here comes in
rainbow colors. Black clay will grow almost anything you want to put in it.
If something doesn't like it add sand. Iris love it here. The chickens keep
the grasshoppers out, our biggest pest. Everything is on a slope so it is
well drained. Other than weeding and a little fertilizer Iris are a no care
plant for me. I cover eroding slopes and use iris for every perenial border.