SPEC: I. verna

Hi All,

Haven't had much luck finding information on the net, so am hoping someone
here might know...

Kohlein's book "Iris" mentions a mountain form of I. verna with larger
rootstock and blooms than the species.

I'm interested in anything I can find out about this variation especially
whether chromosome counts have been done to compare it to the species.

Christy Hensler
Newport, WA
Sunshine & fresh snow!