HYB: spots and shadow patterns

I have really enjoyed all the discussion about the plicata et al.
patterns, complete with pictures!  Wonderful.

Here's another one - I absolutely love the darker irises with lighter
rims (MAGIC MAN, COPATONIC, INTO THE NIGHT - to name a few that I
grow).  We were jokingly calling this the 'umbrata' pattern in the early
days of the list and as I recall, nobody posted much about how this
pattern might be inherited or its possible relationship to other color
patterns, such as the 'spot' pattern.  Or that gorgeous (only seen in
pictures) half & half, EURHYTHMIC (which I never can spell!).

Anybody care to leap into this one?  Barry Blyth are you still lurking
out there?  Where did these patterns come from and what's their
inheritance?  Are they single alleles?  Or do they have complicated
subgroups like the plicatas?  Is the spot pattern inherited linked with
other SDB traits?  {like what, I dunno...)

Linda Mann east Tennesee USA zone 7/8

eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9699/0/_/486170/_/977151050/