Re: Re: HYB: seed--long

In a message dated 12/18/2000 8:31:29 AM Central Standard Time, lmann@icx.net
writes:

<< Any of you who stratify your seeds outdoors over the winter have any
 suggestions for speeding up seedlings? >>

I tried fall planting of seed once and lost them to winter temps.  Pity too.
It was Corn Harvest X Feedback.  So now I'm content to plant from
Thanksgiving till Christmas in the mum pots (6 inch).  Then I push them in
the spring, Miracle Grow as often as I think of it, with plans to plant
BEFORE the summer heat hits.  This gives fairly good bloom the second year.

Betty / Bowling Green KY USA  Zone 6
Only those who dare to dream can make a dream come true.

eGroups eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9698/0/_/486170/_/977163511/