Re: HYB: seed--long

Thanks Betty.  What kind of soil mix do you use?  When are they usually
big enough to transplant?  Do you move them straight from the mum pots
to their final location in the garden?  Have you tried transplanting
them to larger individual pots as they grow?

<I tried fall planting of seed once and lost them to winter temps.  Pity
It was Corn Harvest X Feedback.  So now I'm content to plant from
Thanksgiving till Christmas in the mum pots (6 inch).  Then I push them
the spring, Miracle Grow as often as I think of it, with plans to plant
BEFORE the summer heat hits.  This gives fairly good bloom the second
Betty / Bowling Green KY USA  Zone 6>

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8
with frozen water lines/pump probably resulting from a newly rotted hole
in the wall of the pumphouse big enough to put a chair thru... sigh.

eGroups eLerts