RE:HYB:Plicata genetics Part 3

Now looking at plicata patterns with SDB, we have six patterns to look at as
we are looking at variation only on the two sets of chromosomes from TBs. The
two sets from pumillas are still always glaciata genes "pla pla". Having
identified three patterns allready from the MDB, the job is relatively
easy.The two striking patterns that are present with SDB that are not seen in
MDB are fancy plicata (or otherwise known as luminata plicata) and luminata.
The other is those with two regular plicata genes and two glaciata genes.
These are easy to see and thus are also easy to identify  genetically. Thus
the luminata would be "plu plu pla pla". The fancy plicata should thus be "pl
plu pla pla", that is one regular plicata, one luminata gene and two glaciata
genes. The third type not seen with MDB are those with two regular plicata
genes and two glaciata genes. These would be the regular plicata pattern for
SDB. Of note is that they are usually more marked then the regular MDB
pliactas, but this is not a dramatic  difference.

I have posted some photos of these patterns with a listing of their genetic
representation. I just realized that I made some errors that I have to go back
and post corrections.

"plu plu pla pla" = luminata pattern = marbled wash of violet in center of
falls and standards on a ground colour of white, yellow or pink. For more
information visit Hips website.
"pl plu pla pla" = fancy plicata or "luminata plicata"= wash of violet pigment
with color in veins and between veins.
"pl pl pla pla" = plicata = usual plicata pattern.

eGroups eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9698/0/_/486170/_/977198974/