Re: HYB: luminatas

Paul Black said:
<If we look at the plicata pattern, there are myriads of
              variations (pumila spot plics, haft plics, ring or banded
plics, line or
              veined plics, and on and on) I think it would be
non-productive to try
              to separate these into little individual descriptive
classes. >

Help - I thought I was more or less following this discussion, till I
read this.  Are you saying that the pumila spot is determined by the
plicata allele?  What is a pumila spot plic?

Or to ask a more general question, what determines the variations
(pumila spot plics, haft plics, ring or banded plics, line or veined
plics, and on and on)?  Are these interactions with other alleles?

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8

eGroups eLerts