CULT: TB: Eurythmic

From Chuck:
              > Eurythmic is every bit as gorgeous as its pictures. It
grows  well
              > for me [Canada, I think..]. I don't have any
understanding of its pattern, and I'm equally
              > curious.

 And Walter Moores said:
<                    EURYTHMIC grows well here [Mississippi], too, if
left undisturbed.>

Just being here must be disturbing <g>.  This was growing well until we
went a few weeks without rain, followed by a good soaking rain, when it
rotted away.  Have any other listers had problems with irises that rot
after rain following dry spells and found a solution?  My soil is
gravelly, in slightly raised beds and excessively well-drained, so
drainage isn't the problem.  Walter, you once mentioned that you thought
you had more rot after using alfalfa pellets?  Maybe if I watered it
every day so it never was in dry soil?  My gravelly loam is naturally
high in organic matter - maybe if I planted it in some other less
organic soil?  While I don't generally coddle irises, this one is so
pretty I sure would like to see it bloom.

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8
what is this cold white stuff that keeps falling out of the sky every
few days?

eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9699/0/_/486170/_/977310129/