OT: Sharing

At this special time of year, I want to share this with you.  It was
written by my wife, Judy, as the invocation for her company's holiday

Ray Keisling
Liberty, MO

The Greatest Gifts  of All

There was once a young child who had a special friend — a wise old woman
she called GiGi.

As the holiday season drew near, the young child’s home was filled with
lights, glittering decorations, and festively wrapped gifts.

In GiGi’s house, there was one lone candle burning.

“GiGi,” the young child asked, “where are all your gifts?  Why don’t you
have any presents?”

My child, she replied, I have received the most important gifts of them

 *  Understanding
 *  Recognition
 *  Dignity
 *  Compassion
 *  Friendship
 *  Memories
 *  Kindness
 *  Patience
 *  Acceptance
 *  Forgiveness
 *  Praise
 *  Happiness
*  And, the greatest gift of all . . . . the gift of love

The best thing about these gifts, she continued, is that they are not
mine to keep. They are given to me so that I can give them to others.

The child sat silently for a moment, then solemnly nodded her head as if
she understood every word.

Then she leaned over, put her arms around GiGi, kissed her weathered
check and said, “I love you, GiGi.”

So at this special time of year, let us all pause and take a few moments
to give thanks for the gifts that we’ve received and the gifts that we
can give to one another . . . . the gifts that cannot be bought anywhere
at any price . . . . the gifts that come from the heart.

By Judy Keisling
December, 2000