Re: HYB: seed--more

Paul Black in Oregon mentioned mulching seeds and Betty in Kentucky
added:
<I forgot to mention the mulch! I always mulch the pots with a thick
layer, up to 6 inches,..>

Goodness - I don't remember ever hearing anything about mulching outdoor
sown seeds before.  Does everybody but me do this?  Paul,  I assume most
of your experience with this was in ..( uh oh here I go being
geographically and memory challenged again..) either Texas or Oklahoma?

Do you both remove the mulch as the seeds germinate or just let it rot
in place?  Interesting that you mulch the germinating seeds but not the
plants!

Thanks for the tip - too stinkin' cold out to add mulch now, but maybe
before spring gets here <g>

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8

eGroups eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9698/0/_/486170/_/977418810/