Re: Re: CULT: Use of Alfalfa pellets, etc.

> Walter, I did the same thing about 3 years ago in building the last & my
> biggest raised iris beds (3 landscape timbers tall) out front.  Just
> plopped on three 50 pound bags of the pellets and when I watered and they
> expanded ---- oooooheeeee...  And if the smelly yuck (good phrase you had
> for it) wasn't bad enough - OH those flies!  I've never seen flies that
> big. Some had 3 inch wing spreads... & a few made almost as much buzz as
> our city police chopper. . .

> Kath in OKC =^..^= aka: Kathy Poore,  AIS Reg. 22 Zone 7

  Another bad experience I had with alfalfa pellets concerned putting
it in the bottom of pots.  Don't do it!  Roots won't grow into it and
it becomes full of maggots.  I  don't know if the maggots develop
into flies, but just their presence at unpotting time is disgusting
enough.

    Walter Moores
     Enid Lake, MS USA 7/8

eLerts