Re: Re: CULT: Use of Alfalfa pellets, etc.

On December 22, 2000 10:17 am, you wrote:

> Alfalfa pellets are good and cheap, but I prefer HUMORE as it is so much
> more controllable and easier to apply without the problems associated with
> the rabbit/alfalfa pellets.  The last Cross-Brand pellets I got out by our
> Remington Park race track only ran $4.35 a bag of 50 pounds.  The price
> does fluctuate greatly with the futures market.  Other places around here
> can charge as much as $7.00 to $8.00 a bag for the same thing.

	Can I ask what Humore is? Or is that a joke-) Also can I get an idea of what
the problems are with alfalfa pellets. I've still got a bag and half in the
garage waiting for spring.

> We've had so many horrible freezes already and the 6 inches of snow pellets
> back on Monday December 11th  that may not all melt away til March, that

	It's been colder here also but I'm willing to bet the added cold will make
life easier on the plants. The snow cover hasn't melt. Came close last
weekend but I barely saw any grass. Plus we might not get too many
freeze/thaw cycles if it stays colder then normal. Of course if it gets too
cold the trees might not like it. We've got extra snow but not enought to
cover the cherries-)

eGroups eLerts