Catching up with e-mail again--sorry to be slow answering.  Yes, just a bit west of St. Louis in Washington, MO, you will be Zone 5.  The zone map shows (or used to?) Zone 6 swooping up to put a finger over the St. Louis area.  All those trees, buildings, and escaping heat I'm sure (after looking at my gas bill, I'm positive!) And I'd say Missouri Botanical Garden (totally walled and farther downtown) is a good half-zone warmer than the rest of us in the suburbs--things certainly bloom earlier and don't winter-kill as readily.)  Not that we haven't had some Zone 5 winters--down to 17 below once, I remember!  And this looks like being one of them.

Nyla Hughes
nylah@brick.net in 5 degree cold this am and frustrated because I was going to do a bit more mapping of iris rows--but the snow is over the labels.  Ah, well, nice to have snow cover when it's cold, for a change!   Wishing you all a happy Christmas!

eGroups eLerts