Re: RE:HYB:Plicata Genetics Part 4

About "intensities" - I won't enter into the fray on that in irises, but in
re to cats! Some 14 or so years ago, my Pretty-Girl aka as Minerva, was a
very dark tortoiseshell.    Her coat was black with just flecks of gold
throughout  -Her nose was half black/half cream , she had a light-color under
her neck, black ears, sort of tannish tummy, black tail.  But as she has
advanced in her "nine lives" instead of getting gray like people, she has
become more orange -- all those flecks of gold in her coat have spread into
dull gold/tannish ares/blotches,  gold on her chin, still black whiskers, but
white eyelashes (yes, cats have eyelashes), her tail now shows tiger stripes
by having lighter fur instead of all black., her ears are still black.  She's
a very smart cat,  smarter than most dogs,has exhibited what would be equal
to a Ph.D. in intelligence!  Don't know if the iris world can draw any
conclusions from what has happened to an ageing  16+ old puss-kit.  Rosalie
nr Baltimroe   zone 7 where we have frozen with the temp and windchill which
is not improving    ryfigge@aol.com