Re: OT-CHAT:Garden in progress

>We are about 2/3 through with bringing in 300 cubic yards of topsoil (not a
>misprint, though our entire lot is "only" about 1/3 acre.  We've just
>stripped the entire yard, put in a "rock" pool, and terraced the slope with
>matching "rock" retaining walls to hold topsoil about 2 feet deep.

Sounds like you are having fun John! I keep looking at potential properties
in the paper, but we still don't have a buyer for our place.
I can't see 1/3 acre being near enough, but at least I won't have to share
it. Geoff has no interest in the garden. He likes a bit of green lawn, but
wouldn't make a fuss if I dug most of it up.
I'm hoping to find a nice acre or 2, but most places are 1/4 to 1/2 or 5-10
acres in the areas we are looking.
Cheers, and happy Christmas,
Jan Clark, Aus.