AIS: From the AIS MemSec

Friends, I'd like to issue a gentle reminder to all of those within sight of
my voice who received a little blue AIS membership renewal notice in
November. If you have not yet sent in a check for your dues, you will want to
take care of that immediately since your membership will expire December 31,

While it is true that second dues notices will be sent in January, by the
time you receive that your AIS membership will be well and truly lapsed, and
you will miss the January Bulletin. Furthermore, I'd like to minimize the
number of second notices to be sent since postage is going up in early
January and I think we would all agree that AIS has more interesting things
to spend its money on than additional stamps. So, please take a moment to
ensure that your membership is in good order for 2001.

May I also mention that membership in AIS makes a wonderful gift? If there is
someone to whom you would like to give a new membership, that can easily be
arranged. We send an individually formatted gift announcement immediately by
first class mail, and this is followed by the AIS New Member Packet which
contains a recent Bulletin, a copy of the book 'Basic Iris Culture,' and
interesting information about Sections and Robins.

A description of the AIS membership categories and the dues schedule will be
found on the AIS webpage at <http://www.irises.org/ais200.html>

For your convenience, we accept MasterCard and Visa for renewals, or new

The Membership Office e-mail address is <AISMemSec@aol.com> and the postal
address is AIS Membership Secretary, PO Box 14750, Richmond, VA 23221-4750,
USA. If I can be of assistance, please feel free to drop me a line.

AIS wishes everyone a splendidly floriferous New Year!

Anner M. Whitehead (Ms.)
Membership Secretary
The American Iris Society

Click here for more details: