Re: Re: CULT: Use of Alfalfa pellets, etc.

Nick Zentena wrote:
> On December 22, 2000 10:17 am, you wrote:
> > Alfalfa pellets are good and cheap, but I prefer HUMORE as it is so much
> > more controllable and easier to apply without the problems associated with
> > the rabbit/alfalfa pellets.  The last Cross-Brand pellets I got out by our
> > Remington Park race track only ran $4.35 a bag of 50 pounds.  The price
> > does fluctuate greatly with the futures market.  Other places around here
> > can charge as much as $7.00 to $8.00 a bag for the same thing.
>         Can I ask what Humore is? Or is that a joke-) Also can I get an idea of what
> the problems are with alfalfa pellets. I've still got a bag and half in the
> garage waiting for spring.

At a recent AIS convention Humore, perhaps used excessively,
<<seemed to be>> responsible for foliage growing mach larger
than normal, but with stalks as usual. Not a pretty result.

Of course other explanations are possible, such as weather.

I have not had any problems scattering pellets. I haven't
used as much as some have described, and the very dry
weather which prevails here may help, also.

Merry Christmas,

Gerry Snyder, AIS Symposium Chair, Region 15 RVP
in warm, winterless Los Angeles

With US & International rates as low as 3.9c a minute from Net2Phone
Direct Plus Up to 1500 FREE minutes; you can call everyone on your list!