Re: Digest Number 1344

Rodney Barton wrote:
> Jim,
> I don't know of a "new" LA species.  Are you talking about the dwarf that
> was such a hit in Dallas?

Hmmmm. The species LA that knocked my socks off in the big D was the
chocolate I. fulva, which had been feared extinct. I will never forget
Farron Campbell describing how weak in the knees he felt when a stalk
was brought into a club meeting with a question something like
"I haven't seen anything like this before. Is it something special?"

BTW, I was assured that the clone is a good grower, and was in enough
different gardens that it should not be lost again.

Gerry Snyder, AIS Symposium Chair, Region 15 RVP
in warm, winterless Los Angeles

Download Net2Phone's free software to make FREE calls anywhere within
the US from your PC now! Get great low rates on international calls!