Re: Re: CULT: Humore - & convention gardens

Pooreplace@aol.com wrote:
> Morning from totally ice frozen OKC... _________________________
> >>Earlier last week I wrote: but I prefer HUMORE as it > is so much more
> controllable and easier to apply
> > without the problems associated with the
> > rabbit/alfalfa pellets.
> >> Then, Nick Zentena wrote:  Can I ask what Humore is? >  Or is that a
> joke-)
> >> Later, Gerry Snyder wrote: At a recent AIS
> > convention Humore, perhaps used excessively,
> > <<seemed to be>> >responsible for foliage growing
> > much larger than normal, but with stalks as usual.
> > Not a pretty result. >>
> Humore is about the best amendment I have found so far....
> I had heard rumblings here at OKC that one garden had used too much Humore.

The (seemingly) overgrown foliage was present in more than one garden.

> ....  I did, however,
> see the one in question, no doubt that Gerry speaks about.  He was the one
> responsible for getting everyone the HUMORE to begin with.

Not that my asbestos shorts are not in good order, but I believe that Ms
Kath is talking about the garden owner in OKC, not about me.

But let me make it clear, the OKC convention was a very good one. I am
not making negative comments about any gardens on the trek. All were
very well maintained. The owners should be proud.

Just questioning what part Humore played in the condition of the iris.

Gerry, enjoying bloom on Light Beam and Jump for Joy
Gerry Snyder, AIS Symposium Chair, Region 15 RVP
in warm, winterless Los Angeles

eGroups eLerts