Re: CULT: humore and short stalks

Linda writes:

>When I see tall foliage and short bloom stalks in TBs, I always assume
>they were hit by a hard freeze (low 20s F) after a warm spell (highs in
>the 70s and 80s, lows in the 50s) about 2 months before blooming.  Well
>before stalks are even thinking about showing.

I would suspect Linda is on the right track here.  Short stalks are a bane
of
my iris beds and they are especially prevalent on some of the earlier to
bloom
TBs.  If folks in Oklahoma have continued to use Humore in the period since
the convention, it seems as if they would have been able to lay any negative
results directly at its door by now.  Surely there are folks there who have
managed to use in some beds and not others.  At least I never manage to all
the beds worked over the same way.  Either I run short of time or can't get
what I've been using, so end up doing something different.  That wonderful
cotton product compost becomes unavailable after the last is sold out in the
fall, e.g.  The store has to pay shipping charges at that time of year it
seems,
so are unwilling to get it in.  Probably a side effect from living out in
the boonies
'stead of the big city.

Donald Eaves
donald@eastland.net
Texas Zone 7, USA - up early so I have LOTS of time to drive the 7 miles
into
work over icy roads.  Ugh!  I hope this is the last spell of these
conditions.

Click here for more details:
http://click.egroups.com/1/10801/0/_/486170/_/977919818/