Re: HYB: Umbrata

--- In iris-talk@egroups.com, Linda Mann <lmann@i...> wrote:
> Paul, are you saying the 'umbrata' pattern originated with SNOW
PEACH?
> Or PEACH SPOT?  I was noticing that a lighter edge occurs on some of
the
> 'weedy' old historics that are common in this area, but isn't as
> dramatic in appearance as, for instance, COPATONIC.  I don't trust
my
> memory, but it seems like the edging was narrower and had less
contrast.

---I would classify the following as having the umbrata pattern.
Wabash, Ringo, Escatic Echo, Magic Man, Magharee, Outrageous Fortune,
Bristo Magic, Latin Lady, Viva La France, Sweeter than Wine, Crimson
Snow, So Fine, Spin Off, Heavenly Body, Impressionist, etc. Some have
more of an edge then others (pun intended) with Escatic Echo being
particularly dramatic. The restriction of pigment from the edge seems
to mostly effect the anthocyanin pigments but can effect both
anthocyanin and carotine pigments.

With US & International rates as low as 3.9c a minute from Net2Phone
Direct Plus Up to 1500 FREE minutes; you can call everyone on your list!
http://click.egroups.com/1/10924/0/_/486170/_/978091756/