Re: SPEC: rare seeds

By the way, I sent in an order for some of these Iris seeds (together
with some Aquilegias).  I was wondering if anyone else had placed an
order with him?  (Stupid me, I should have waited for the SIGNA seed
list to come out because I. loczyi was on there.)

>  > Today I received a catalog from a mail-order seed source in Czech Republic
>>  that lists many strange and unusual alpine plants... mostly from eastern
>>  Europe through central Asia.  There are 4 irises listed.
>>
>>  Iris arenaria - Czechia: 800m, grassland on limestone, dwarf rhizomatic
>>  plant, 6-12 cm high, light-green narrow leaves, large yellow flowers,
>2000,
>>
>>  Iris flavissima - Russia: Altai, Belukha, 2000 m, dry mountain scree,
>>  rhizomatous plant, 12-20 cm high, linear leaves 8 mm wide, large yellow
>>  flowers, triangular capsule, 1998, C
>>
>>  Iris loczyi - Kyrgyzstan: Tien Shan, Terskij Ala Tau, 3300 m, alpine
>>  steppe, densely caespitose plant, 20 cm high, narrow linear leaves
>>  surrounded with brown sheaths, large blue sessile flowers in leaves, 2000,
>>
>>  Iris sibirica - Russia: Northern Caucasus, Skalistyj Chr Khiah, 1950 m,
>>  alpine meadow, rhizomatic iris, 30 cm high graminiform leaves, large blue
>>  flowers with yellow brushes on stems 30 cm high, 1999, B
>>
>>  An interesting selection if indeed they are true to name

eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9699/0/_/486170/_/978112875/