Re: Re: CULT:"nutra-brew"

I found this tidbit in the Empire State Iris Soc.Newsletter (Feb.'00) which
was given out at their HIPS Convention  in June. (A wonderful newsletter as
one would expect with KathyGuest as Editor, as you may know, she's my very
favorite Editor-for a very good reason - she was my lifesaver twice when I
was  Pres. of  RIS - I'll bless her to my dying day!)  To get back to  the
subject, but first I'll have to explain that since the garden has been shut
down (more by the weather than me!) I have now turned to the arduous, boring
task of making order out of chaos in the house. - And today i came across
this unfiled copy -- and this article on "Nutri-Brew" -"an organic compost
which is a by-product of grain waste from a local brewer"  Donna James of
Enchantment Acres (Hannibal,  NY - and also ass't RVP)   wrote about this.
She said the root system and worm activity was outstanding.
Now what I want to know, has anyone else used this, - how do you get it (I
hope it doesn't smell like beer!)  Etc.,Etc., Etc.  Rosalie nr Baltimore
zone 7 where we are frozen, but happy if we have really been overlooked by
the threatened snow storm.  ryfigge@aol.com                 P.S.    I had
this written yesterday , but had to look thru chaos to find out how to
catalog the info!  So you see I really need to get back to work!

eGroups eLerts