Cult: Miracle-Gro

While I'm in the clean-up info mood here is another item which I found
disconcerting. This was in ORGANIC GARDENING -Sept-Oct '00    in their
"Solutions" which is really questions/answers.  The question was whether they
approved of Miracle-Gro fertillizer.  The ans. was "No, never, --- (it) is a
synthetic fertilizer that contains ammonium phosphate and several other
chemicals that can be toxic to your soil and plants -------------- acidifies
the soil -----care needed not to burn leaves and roots ---leaches away and
pollutes our water systems -------"  Of course, one must remember they are
ORGANIC gardeners, so of course that would cause the "no" --but!  I did not
know it was acidic -- I use "MIRACID" (sp?) for acid-loving plants.  And I -
if I have time and energy - soak rhizomes in a solution of Miracle-Gro before
planting -- thinking I'm giving them a boost to do their stuff.   And I have
used it on  plants as they were growing if I thought they could stand a
little TLC.  It is too expensive to use  everywhere!   Now I wonder if I am
doing more harm than good!"
(My daughter just phoned from Miami, worried because she saw I had snet an
email with nothing in it and she was afraid I'd had a heart attack and was
asking for help>  I remember seeing that a couple of days ago and wondered
how it happened because it was on the subject of some specie or something I
knew NOTHNG about!  The cursor must have slipped when I was  getting
something to "read"  Sorry about that!
Noe I really must get back to my  chaos -- I have a sign above the computer
that says "Don't Bother Me -- I'm having a crisis"  That says it pretty well
about  another sign I read  somewhere-- "God, Bless this Mess"  Rosalie nr
Baltimore  zone 7 - still sunny - n0 snow, yet - but cooold. ryfigge@aol.com

Download Net2Phone's free software to make FREE calls anywhere within
the US from your PC now! Get great low rates on international calls!
http://click.egroups.com/1/10923/0/_/486170/_/978194870/