RE:HYB:Seedsowing

Hi All
 I have good results from sowing seed quickly as possible, this year I harvested about 200+ seedpods from TB crosses, all seedpods were picked when green, the seedpods was matured, they could not get any larger, the pods were then dried for 2 weeks,  then all the seed were taken out and dried for additional 7-10 days just beginning to turn brown, after that the seed was sown in moist sphagnum mixed with drainage material, and kept moist.
The time of sowing was early autumn, we have had some light frost recently, which encouraged further germination, so now I have 5  boxes filled with many seedlings.
I find this method much easier than the one, where the seed need to dry first, and then placed in the fridge, and later sown, the germination rate from fresh sowing is much higher, I use the same procedure with the arilseed.
Jan Jacobsen -Denmark zone 4-6
bulbs@worldonline.dk

eGroups eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9698/0/_/486170/_/978211208/