Re: HYB: HIST: umbrata/yellow plicata

This is all making me dizzy & I fell off the track somewhere!     Let me
see if I got this right....

The photo of BERTHA GERSDORFF shows yellow standards and yellow rims
with yellow on the upper part of the falls and purple on the rest of
it.  Soo, the yellow on the upper half (lack of anthocyanin) makes it a

So BERTHA (might) have both the luminata and umbrata pattern on separate
alleles or maybe they are variants of (interactions with?) the same

If both parents of BERTHA were 'yellow plicatas' (which from what
listers have posted sounds like they were either yellow with more than
the usual amount of brown/purple haft marks or with a (probably) stripey
purple/brown plicata edge all the way around the falls...) .can we infer
anything from that?  That both parents only had half a dose of plicata
genes and BERTHA carries ... oh, brother, this is just too complicated
for me to follow today...  Apologies for the thinking out loud and I
will go off and re-read posts to this point to see if I can even figure
out what I'm confused about!!

I'm afraid I've gotten luminatas and glaciatas and which one is part of
the plicata locus mixed up in my memory banks again - time to go cross
'healthy with healthy' and be fascinated by what patterns and colors
show up in the offspring <g>

Chuck, Paul, Dave, Jeff, Bill, anybody, What do you think about the
photo of BERTHA?  Does it show any expression of plicata?  I don't know
enough to even be able to tell.

This is great fun for winter! duh...

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8