Re: CULT:Gardening Advice

In a message dated 12/30/00 12:56:33 PM Eastern Standard Time,
wmoores@watervalley.net writes:

<< This also applies to gardening articles in newspapers that were picked
 up by a wire service and distributed nationally.  The author may live in a
 completely different from yours, which means the information is all
 wrong for your area yet some people believe it merely because it is
 in print.  >>

        This happens a lot down here.  It is amazing the articles in the
Ocala paper that are written by people in the north, touting plants and
techniques that will certainly fail in Florida.  Sadly, much of this
information is on the Master Gardener's pages of the paper...
       We are freezing our tails off down here again.  At 7:10 PM, the
temperature on the thermometer outside the window beside me is 27 F.  ...and
this is in Florida.

Mark A. Cook
Dunnellon, Florida.

Click here for more details: