Re: CULT: sand as soil amendment

On December 30, 2000 08:55 pm, you wrote:

> You can only use sand *if* you also add plenty of organic matter,
> as the fellow who replied to you used peat moss, else you will
> end up with concrete bricks!  :-)  Once you have done this, you need

	I thought the problem was adding fine sand. Somebody a while ago posted a
link of website showing soil profiles in Canada.  It showed my soil having
basically no larger particles. Which explains why the fine clay particles
form that nice solid smooth surface. Adding coarse sand should help fix that
problem by breaking things up some. Assuming you get everything mixed up
well. Adding fine sand should make no difference. Leaving the clay like

	At least that's my understanding.

eGroups eLerts