RE:TB:Debby Rairdon

According to the 1969 Check List, no parentage is listed for Debby
Rairdon.  In all other literature I have read on DR, it was a bee
pod, and, therefore, is unknown.  If the two pinks theory is valid,
what were those pinks?  If Mrs. Kuntz didn't record that information,
then unknown is still valid, I think.

WILD JASMINE is the pod parent for OWYHEE DESERT, BRUNEAU JASPER,
et. al., I wish I knew what the other parent was.  These all came
from the same bee pod.  In many instances, the bees do a much better
job than the hybridizers!  This may be true with DEBBY RAIRDON.  Oh,
all those planned crosses and theories down the drain!

Walter Moores
Enid Lake, MS USA 7/8

On 31 Dec 00, at 0:30, irischapman@netscape.net wrote:

> --- In iris-talk@egroups.com, Chuck Chapman <irischapman@n...> wrote: >
> I'm forwarding a message from Bill Shear > >
>
> I'll sumarize the message as it got edited out in the forward. Bill
> indicated that in an article about Mrs. Kuntz she mentioned that she had
> made only one cross. This was two pinks. All of the flowers were pinks and
> dogs except for the last one to bloom which was DR. The rest is history.

eGroups eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9698/0/_/486170/_/978269560/