Re: CULT: Weather and Judges

Mark and Walter,

Judges view the show and most will always try to be fair.  0ften
extenuating circumstances are taken into consideration.  However
do you really want an iris with tears or other faults to be upgraded
to a blue?  Most of us really want to give as many blue ribbons as
possible.  I have been a nationally accredited flower show judge
for twenty-five years and an iris judge ten years or so.  I have
judged with aggresive, picky and go by the book judges on many
occasions.  This never intimidates me and if an iris is grown to
perfection for that region, my vote is always considered.  I would
suggest you make certain your judges chairman for your shows
is aware of judges who have been less than fair, and exclude them
in the future.  Hope this helps, that's my intention.

Claire Honkanen, Region V where we are having winter and I'm
will never give it a blue ribbon.  I like my 60 degree days and the
past month has not been at all favorable.

eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9699/0/_/486170/_/978307354/