OT-CHAT: Root Beer

Patrick Orr wrote:
> > As soon as she lifted the material off the cage she told me to inhale.
WOW, root beer city!

> Wow, what a flower! And thank you for sending so many of it :)
> But, excuse my ignorance, what is root beer?  It does not sound so nice.
I can´t find it in my dictionaries.
> Happy New year from Maj in snowcovered Sweden.

Maj,

Root beer is a non-alcoholic, carbonated beverage flavored with extract
from the Sassafras, a native tree of eastern North America. Without being
an expert in the terminology of scents,  I would characterize it as sweet
aromatic, and it really is an accurate description of the scent of certain
irises.

Still waiting for the genuine arrival of the new millennium, but best
wishes for a Happy New Year from snow covered northern Utah (temperature 10
degrees Fahrenheit or -12 degrees Celsius).

jcwalters@bridgernet.com

eGroups eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9698/0/_/486170/_/978319188/