OT virus - browser

With this particular virus it will open itself! You need to upgrade your
brower or it will continue to self extract each time it's sent to you.
If you are not running the newest versions of Microsoft explorer you will
continue to get infected.

There is a security patch for IE 5.5 or you can just upgrade to 6.

When the virus comes into my computer it will warn me and I can just dump
the mail or I can be nice and remove the underscore in the infected senders
mail and warn them.

The days of not opening attachments from people you don't know are over.
This one uses an address from you address book and starts emailing people.
I'm on several email groups, gardening, horses and it's showing up here 5 to
15 times a day. More often than not it's an email I remember. I've had
contact with the person one way or another over the last 10 years.

I use the Grisoft virus program and it's good. Even picked up on a few that
norton missed.

Big thing is to update the browser first. This thing can send info to the
person who wrote the nasty little thing. It creates a backdoor where info
can be gained.

You're playing with fire if you don't.
Sue in NH

See What You've Been Missing!