Re: HYB: a challenge

  • Subject: Re: HYB: a challenge
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@volfirst.net>
  • Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2001 18:36:53 -0500

Having just seen Harry Potter today, this is a great magic wish
opportunity....hmm, well, the first wish would be for I. pallida to
rebloom as cooperatively (?) as IMMORTALITY.

And the second would be for our local version of I. germanica, my first,
much-loved iris, that gets frozen out nearly every spring here because
it blooms so early.  But only if your magic wand can make it bloom all
summer long.

Third would, of course, be DUSKY CHALLENGER.....

Once I get past these three obvious wishes, it gets harder to pick.....

I guess it's a tossup between DESERT REALM, AFTERNOON DELIGHT, and I'm
blanking on the name of the third one, Opal Brown 60s? intro, beige top,
lavender falls, tough as nails & blooms in the weeds.  I think these
would all be nice blooming amongst red & gold cosmos that bloom all
summer long here.  Plus these all make nice garden clumps.  LIGHTENING
RIDGE.

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8

See What You've Been Missing!
Amazing Wireless Video Camera.