HYB: seed germination experiment

  • Subject: HYB: seed germination experiment
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@volfirst.net>
  • Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2001 18:46:18 -0500

Wellll..., the good news is that one of the seeds in my fall germination
experiment sent out a root a week or so ago, not too long after I took
the seeds & potting mix out of the refrigerator.  It was on top of the
potting mix.  I covered it with some potting mix, and that was the last
I saw of it.  Or any of its friends & siblings for that matter.

My house may be too cold for these seeds to germinate - the day this one
sprouted, I had the heat turned off because remodeling work in the
kitchen area meant a wall was missing, so rather than run the heatpump &
try to heat all outdoors, I built a fire in the woodstove, which sent
the temperature up into the 80s near the stove where the seeds were.
That is, the seeds were near the stove, not in it.

So what does the world think the optimal germination temperature for
these TB seeds might be?  Anybody have a guess if it might be warmer for
late bloomers, which most/all of these crosses involve?

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8

See What You've Been Missing!
Amazing Wireless Video Camera.
Click here