Re: gotta buy

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] gotta buy
  • From: "Colleen Modra" <irises@senet.com.au>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2001 14:11:54 +1030

Hi Dian

Some general info for any one in Australia thinking of importing

The general scale of costs for quarantine etc is approx
10 plants $75 ea
20 plants $53 ea
50 Plants $34 ea
70 plants $30 ea
This on top of whatever it costs you in $US to buy your plants and ship
I cannot speak too highly of the quality of care given to our plants by
AQIS. Also if you order from several different suppliers and the orders
don't land in Aust at exactly the same time, they are processed as separate
shipments and therefore at the higher cost. There is also the cost of
transporting your plants from AQIS in Melb. There are no experienced AQIS
iris quarantine facilities in Adel, there prob are in Sydney.

Whenever I feel a bit shattered by what it costs for AQIS services, I think
of our realtively disease free country and feel it's probably worth the

Colleen Modra
South Australia