Re: HYB:Challenge

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk]HYB:Challenge
  • From: "wmoores" <wmoores@watervalley.net>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2001 06:36:16 -0600

On 1 Dec 01, at 18:08, Gerry Snyder wrote:

> In Region 15, Jesse's Song is at or near the top of the Symposium.
>
> Rick Tasco has already created Mariposa Autumn, a "Jesse's Song
> look-alike" that at least some irisarians prefer over the original, that
> has been blooming for me for more than two months.
>
> The concept that once-blooming iris are better than rebloomers is dead.
>
> Gerry
> --
> mailto:gerrysnyder@mediaone.net
> Gerry Snyder, AIS Director & Symposium Chair, Region 15 RVP

   I am so happy with the performance of MARIPOSA AUTUMN, I have
dubbed it the reblooming RHONDA FLEMING because of the form, stalk,
and a hint of lace in my garden.  This came about by a question from
a friend visiting last week-end who asked, "Is that RHONDA FLEMING
blooming off season?"

Walter Moores
Enid Lake, MS USA 7/8

See What You've Been Missing!