REB:Pacer

  • Subject: REB:Pacer
  • From: "Colleen Modra" <irises@senet.com.au>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 15:42:14 +1030

Hi

Has anyone else had Pacer rebloom for them. We're having a very late and cool season, Pacer (IB) finished blooming about a month ago, but every clump I have it is now sending up some blooms stalks. Never seen it do this before.
We still have 50-60 varieties of TB's blooming, many of they horizontally after a very windy spring (it's supposed to be summer now - doesn't feel like it). I want to breed for weather tolerance, so this year has been great to find out which varieties never go over. The stars are Blues Brothers, Hot Gossip and Indigo Princess. The stems on IP are very tall and the blooms are massive but even with pollination tags on, no stems have blown over. Honky Tonk Blues, on the other hand are all semi horizontal.

I have a most beautiful view from my office window. We had our last trade show for the year this weekend and all the left over blooms are on a table on the verandah outside my office window, very nice. If anyone wants a stunning late apricot may I recommend Hostess Royale (Blyth)

Colleen Modra
South Australia
where it is cool and damp today after been warm and extremely windy all weekend.
Zone 8/9

See What You've Been Missing!
Amazing Wireless Video Camera.
Click here