CULT: soap as insecticide

  • Subject: CULT: soap as insecticide
  • From: vince lewonski <vincelewonski@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 14:24:29 -0800 (PST)

 The following link is about using soap as an insecticide. I am suspicious, though I do remember reading about using plain water to kill aphids - apparently they attach to the plant via their probiscus (probiscii???) and are killed when the water blasts them loose, leaving the probiscus behind. The same principle may be at work when blasting critters with soap. Or maybe their spiracles get clogged. Has anyone tried this?

Vince Lewonski
Secane, Pennsylvania, USA Zone 6b
"The average person gains ten pounds between Halloween and New Year's. I hope to double that - but, then, I've always been an overachiever!!!"

Do You Yahoo!?

See What You've Been Missing!
Amazing Wireless Video Camera.
Click here