REB: Rebloomers... Myth or fact?

  • Subject: REB: Rebloomers... Myth or fact?
  • From: vince lewonski <vincelewonski@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 15:19:13 -0800 (PST)

  "R.J. Baynum" <cyberphoenix@qwestonline.com> wrote:

I have a little problem, Somebody mention to my wife and a friend of
ours about a Reblooming iris,  and they were discussin how impossble
that could happen and that there was no such thing as a reblooming
Irises. They have never seen one or heard of one.. How can I convince
them the fact is there are?
Any web links? to send them for a higher education? They don't believe
me.. Even though I have been landscaping for almost 20 years..

R.J.

V. sez:

I currently have several stalks blooming of two different cultivars, and two others that will be out soon, weather permitting. Rebloomers are real, but not every cultivar will do it, and some are more consistent than others. They also usually require being in the same place for several years with a little extra water and fertilizer. The fact that it is December and I haven't had a hard frost yet doesn't hurt, either...

Vince Lewonski
vincelewonski@yahoo.com
Secane, Pennsylvania, USA Zone 6b
"The average person gains ten pounds between Halloween and New Year's. I hope to double that - but, then, I've always been an overachiever!!!"

See What You've Been Missing!
Amazing Wireless Video Camera.
Click here
http://us.click.yahoo.com/75YKVC/7.PDAA/ySSFAA/2gGylB/TM