ADMIN: New Virus

  • Subject: ADMIN: New Virus
  • From: John Jones <jijones@usjoneses.com>
  • Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2001 16:02:28 -0800

I am hoping to forestall another rash of virus messages on the lists.

A new worm seems to be spreading itself rapidly. It is called the WORM_GONER.A.

It manifests itself by mailing itself to everyone in your Outlook
address book and possibly thru ICQ and or mIRC.

If you get a message with the subject of "Hi" and the text:

How are you ?
When I saw this screensaver, I immediately thought about you
I am in a harry, I promise you will love it!

do not open the attachement. Among other things it will try to delete
files including your anti virus software

If you need help go to either:

http://www.symantec.com
http://www.mcafee.com

Click on the "Alert" box that is on the home page of either site.

The iris-talk and iris-photos lists are *NOT* a forum for discussing
problems associated with computer viruses. I am sorry. Viruses are
terrible, but there are other forums to get help (including writing to
me privately), and things you can do to keep from ever being infected.

Three golden rules:

Get a virus checker
Update it *EVERYTIME YOU LOG ON*
*DO NOT OPEN ATTACHMENTS YOU ARE NOT EXPECTING*

http://www.AISGiftShop.com

USDA zone 8/9 (coastal, bay)
Fremont, California, USA
Visit my website at: