COMP: not viruses & off topic subjects (OT)

  • Subject: COMP: not viruses & off topic subjects (OT)
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@volfirst.net>
  • Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2001 19:28:07 -0500

Our caretaker, John Jones, said:
<The iris-talk and iris-photos lists are *NOT* a forum for
discussing                        problems associated with computer
viruses.>

Ok, I'll bite - The welcome message says appropriate subjects and
associated subject headings include:
         COMP:  iris-related computer topics (record keeping, photo
digitizing, etc.)

Since the only source of viruses/worms I've had lately have been
iris-list/iris-photos members, it seems more than usually appropriate to
be discussing lately.  But I guess enough is enough <g>.

Speaking of OT (off topic) subjects, of the 683 (!!) subscribers, I bet
we haven't read introductions from most of you.  Why not take a minute
to introduce yourself (then you can go back to lurking and never post
again if you want)?

<OT-BIO:    introduction from a new subscriber (please follow with your
name)>

If you don't want to say anything personal, how about just generally
where you are (country, state, province etc) and what kinds of irises
you grow?  If you aren't comfortable with people knowing who you are,
you can always say you are John/Jane Doe.

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8

See What You've Been Missing!
Amazing Wireless Video Camera.
Click here