Re: Re Bloomers... Myth or fact?

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] Re Bloomers... Myth or fact?
  • From: RYFigge@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 21:20:48 EST

Dear R.J.  -  I wish you told us where you lived!  I would  have suggested
you tell
these people about AIS and  the National Convention in Memphis next year in
case they lived near there.  It would be especially appropriate since Tenn.
has the iris as  their State Flower.  Anyhow, besides Bill Shear's article in
FINE GARDEN, there have been rebloomer articles in a number of other national
popular magazines in the last few years.   Everyone has missed telling
youthat there has to be a gene that carries the rebloomer  tendency, not all
irises rebloom (except in Calif.!)  Itis always a surprise when you come
across those who never heard of rebloomers!  How about joining the Reblooming
Iris Society, which is a section of the American Iris Society,  We are having
a publication coming out soon, and if you can join right away, you could
probably get on the list and show the RECORDER to the people.  Contact our
President ---Charlie Brown (email --  broiris8@airmail.net)  He can give you
the information  I think the dues are #7.00 for one year and $18.00
triennial)  If your  are a landscaper, you need it!  Rosalie nr Baltimore
zone 7 where I have and had about 40 of the rebloomers in my garden  bloom or
will bloom, with this spring-like weather!  ryfigge@aol.com  (also, I'm the
Immediate Past President of the Reblooming Iris Society, if that would help
with my credentials!)