Re: SPEC: help re: SIGNA seeds

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] SPEC: help re: SIGNA seeds
  • From: wmoores@watervalley.net
  • Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2001 14:10:37 -0600 (CST)

> I gathered some seeds from those interesting Lousiana/I.brevicaulis (?)
> plants (see photo posted last summer).  From your post, Diana Louis, I
> assume it isn't too late to donate them to SIGNA?   Can I just send them
> the unsolicited seeds?  Anything I need to know about packaging them?
> What about all the sterilization going on at post offices?
> Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8

   Linda, by all means send them to Signa.  The Schafer/Sacks folks are in
charge of the seed exchange, and you can find them listed in the hybridizers' section of an R & I or a Checklist. Put the seeds in a legal size envelope and write on it what they are, who you are, and where you are and that they were open pollinated. Place the envelope in one of those jiffy bags. Even though the deadline was Nov. 15., I'm sure they'd welcome them as 'late drying' seeds.

   Maybe, the p.o. can convert the seeds into tets.

   I am sure some people in colder areas would like to try this Louisiana.

   Walter Moores
   Enid Lake, MS USA 7/8

See What You've Been Missing!
Amazing Wireless Video Camera.