Re: SPEC: help re: SIGNA seeds

  • Subject: Re: SPEC: help re: SIGNA seeds
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@volfirst.net>
  • Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2001 17:33:49 -0500

<Place the envelope in one of those jiffy bags. Even though the deadline
was Nov. 15., I'm sure they'd welcome them as 'late drying' seeds.>

They were definitely late drying seeds - pods weren't fully ripe until
about the time of first frost here (Oct) and I didn't get around to
collecting them until last week.  One or two had shattered, but there
were three or four full pods.

Walter, what is a jiffy bag?  One of  those squooze shut zip lok

Thanks for the detailed instructions.  Dana posted the address for
Schafer/Sacks.  I'm a SIGNA member, but like everything else, am way
behind on reading & responding (not to mention remembering what I

I like the 'hope for tetraploids' approach to mail irradiation <g>.  But
as you suggest, Bill, I will check with the post office when I mail

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8

See What You've Been Missing!
Amazing Wireless Video Camera.
Click here