  • Subject: SPEC: SIGNA seeds O/S
  • From: "Jan Clark" <janclarx@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2001 09:54:02 +1100

>As for postal irradiation, there has been a great deal of discussion >of
>this on several museum listservers.  The intensity of the radiation >being
>used is so great that DNA is damaged, plastics can be made >brittle, and
>magnetic media (like CDs and computer discs) would be >rendered useless.
>Such radiation would certainly kill seeds.

Is there any point me even considering importing seeds from SIGNA this year?
I would have to know that they were going to be viable, before spending the
money, which is comsiderable by the time i pay for an international cheque.
Also, is there only one publication per year from SIGNA? I understood
(perhaps wrongly) that there were 2. I paid membership last Dec, and just
recently received my first magazine.
Cheers, Jan Clark, in Australia, where the TB blooms are still lingering.

See What You've Been Missing!
Amazing Wireless Video Camera.
Click here