Re: REF: Checklist Uses

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] REF: Checklist Uses
  • From: storylade@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 19:23:37 EST

In a message dated 12/5/2001 2:42:50 PM Central Standard Time,
redear@infinet.com writes:

<< If they germinated in the fall of 2001 would they be 2001 seedlings? >>

Mike, I designate the year or number depending on WHEN the cross is made.
2001 seedlings are those I crossed in the year (spring or fall) of 2001.  It
doesn't matter when they sprout.

I had two 2000 seedlings try to bloom this fall.  They were crossed in 2000
and planted in May 2001.  Seedlings rarely try to bloom this quick for me.

To complicate things, if I make the same cross again, the new crop will be
designated by the year the cross is made.  Siblings can have entirely
different numbers depending on when the crosses are made.  But, if the
parentage is used rather than seedling numbers, no one will be the wiser.  Or
if both are listed, which is often the case, it doesn't matter either.

I'm not John, but this is the way I do it.

Betty (Wilkerson) from BG KY USA Zone 6

Tiny Wireless Camera under $80!
Order Now! FREE VCR Commander!
Click Here - Only 1 Day Left!