CULT: Irises in Gulf Coast Climates.

  • Subject: CULT: Irises in Gulf Coast Climates.
  • From: BigAlligator@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 20:58:39 EST

In a message dated 12/5/01 3:48:31 PM Eastern Standard Time,
sciteach00736587@yahoo.com writes:

<<  I'm trying to test survival rate of TBs in the humid Gulf Coast
atmosphere.  >>

Shirley,
     Welcome to Iris-Talk.  In the Gulf of Mexico Coastal Climates, I think
your best bet with TB Irises will be with rebloomers.  I am in Dunnellon,
Florida, and am about 30 miles from the Gulf.  BILLIONAIRE, WINTERLAND,
BUCKWHEAT, TEA LEAVES, WINESAP, and REINCARNATION are some TB Rebloomers
showing promise here.

Mark A. Cook
BigAlligator@aol.com
Dunnellon, Florida      [USDA Zone 8b]